Test Challenge - Poetry
Theme - COVID Pandemic
- This Challenge is about giving your speech on a topic related to COVID-19 Pandemic with limited preparation time.
- It aims at assessing speakers’ understanding of important political, economic, and cultural issues along with critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Registered participants will be emailed 3 topics (related to the Theme), 60 minutes before their slot. They will have to prepare a 2.5/2 minute long speech on any one of the topics and give it during their slot.
- Scoring will be done on Effectiveness, Speech content, Body language, and Voice modulation.
- Students must recite their speech from memory. You can keep an Index card for reference. Reading verbatim will lead to a lower score.
- You can give an Introduction of yourself if you wish to. It won’t be counted in the total time, as long as it is less than 10 seconds.
- For example, if the theme of this challenge was ‘Education’, participants could expect topics like:
- Developing countries should focus only on vocational education.
- Coding should be a compulsory part of school syllabus.
- Being street smart is more important than being book smart.
We assign you an age category based on how old you are on the date of registration. For example : Your date of birth is 31st August 2008. If you register for a challenge on 30th August 2020, you fall into the Under 12 age category. If you register on 1st September, you become eligible for the older age category, which in the case below is Under 16.
More details on how to prepare and answering some FAQs will be provided in the Prep Book below.
2 mins 30 sec
Top 5 speakers in the Qualifier from each age category will advance to the Final
Qualifier : 8th September, Tuesday, 3-9 PM IST
Qualifer results : 10th September by 6 PM IST
Final : 12th September, Saturday, 10:30 AM - 1 PM IST
₹ 299 per speaker
Zoom links for qualifiers will be emailed by 7th September, 6 PM IST
1st prize: ₹ 1250; 2nd prize: ₹ 750; 3rd prize: ₹ 500.
Total prizes - ₹ 5000
All participants will receive digital certificates